Ever since mining began on the industrial scale in the late 19th century, health and safety have been a major concern to miners. These miners can face a number of risks to their well-being, including physical, economic, and psychological problems. Traumas and injuries remain a significant problem to this day and can range from a broken bone to asphyxiation. The most common causes of fatal injuries in the mining industry include falls from height, entrapment, and mobile equipment accidents.
The main stages of safety inrushes risk assessments processes are:
● Identify the hazards
● Consider the precautions already in place for the prevention and mitigation of hazards
● Evaluate the likelihood of a risk occurring due to a particular hazard
● Consider the consequences of the risk and decide who might be harmed and how
● Determine what further measures are necessary to prevent, control or mitigate the risk
● Record significant findings
● Review the risk assessment periodically, or when you think that a change in circumstances will significantly affect the risks to which people are exposed
MineExcellence, a company that operates in multiple commodities of mining industry, recognizes that the future of safety in mining will be driven primarily by technology. It therefore is seeking to build world-class digital capabilities to vastly improve performance. It has come up with the exact solution to ensure safety in mines, a mobile and web-based platform called MIneSafety.
For companies that embrace digitalization, it offers the promise of a more nimble and profitable business, with improved decision-making and increased employee empowerment. More importantly, when implemented correctly, MineSafety can help improve health, safety and environmental impact – saving lives, reducing injuries, lowering emissions and waste, and increasing transparency and sustainability.
This handout will explain the functions of MineSafety :
- Emergency Alerts: Now, the team is one click away.
- Site Inspection: Collecting data, images etc. from sites and confirming with digital signatures made easy.
- Hazard assessment: Allocates hazards found during inspection to the concerned person with the list of actions required.
- Safety Predictors: Predicts air/ground vibrations and flyrock before doing actual blast.
- Infrastructure management: Plots nearby infrastructures on map to ensure their safety during blast.
- Custom checklists and forms: Creates custom checklists and forms and people at site can fill and submit it.
- Accident and misfire history: Keeps a record of previous accidents or misfires with the details of causes that may have caused it.
- Equipment Monitoring: Keeps track of the equipment”s health and repair status.
- Safety Training: Ability to upload training videos, documents etc. and also schedule safety training in training calendar.
- Medical History: Keeps a record of medical history of employees.
This app is both web and mobile based, can work even offline, anywhere and anytime and multiple people can use it simultaneously.